Our law firm presents options for people facing difficult situations. When your case requires you to go to court, we will be standing by you as your advocate in workers' compensation, family law, personal injury, or criminal law cases. When your legal issue can be resolved with Alternate Dispute Resolution, as is often the case with divorce or civil disputes, we can assist with that as well.
The attorneys at the Sawatzke Law Firm are prepared to move your case through to resolution, always with your best interests and needs in mind. We invite you to contact our law office by e-mail or by calling us at (712) 325-4000 to schedule a consultation.We represent clients in the following legal matters:
- Workers' Compensation: If you have suffered an on the job injury you may qualify for workers' compensation under Iowa law. Our attorneys have been handling workers' compensation cases for decades, and are here to help explain your rights and help you to make a claim for benefits.
- Personal Injury: From day one at Sawatzke Law Firm the attorney's here have been assisting clients who have been injured in accidents that they did not cause. We understand the physical and financial burden these accidents can impose, and are here to help clients get the compensation that they need to move forward.
- Family Law: Contested and uncontested divorce and property division, child support and spousal support, child custody and visitation, modification of existing court orders, paternity, adoption, guardianship, name changes, prenuptial agreements, and restraining orders in cases of domestic violence.
- Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning & Probate Law: As with every area of our service, our wills, trusts, estate planning & probate law practice begins with you your goals. What do you and your family wish to accomplish with an estate plan, a will, a trust, a living will, a power of attorney, or another planning document?
- Criminal Law: Defense lawyer Helen Savage represents adults and juveniles in criminal court and juvenile court when they face charges for felony or misdemeanor crimes. An experienced criminal trial lawyer, Ms. Savage teaches criminal law at Iowa Community College.
Sawatzke Law Firm